There are many local walks and cycle paths. Builth Wells has a very good Golf Course and amenities. There is also a local train station..
There are several events throughout the year for which the site is very convenient:
- The Royal Welsh Show – Builth Wells
- The Brecon Jazz festival
- The Hay on Wye book Festival
- Various rambles, walks and the World Bog Snorkelling Championships at Llanwrtyd Wells
- The Victorian Festival at Llandrindod Wells
Within easy driving distance you also have:
- The Red Kite centre at Rhyader. You can see Red Kites flying from hides. The centre do a feeding cycle PM.
- Dolaucothi Roman gold mines. The chance to see a site where the Romans mined for gold.
- The Elan Valley dams. This area provides water for all of the Midlands. You can learn how the lakes were formed. There are also many attractive hikes and walks.
- The Brecon Mountain Railway which can be caught at Merthyr Tydfil.
All of these attractions are within 40 minutes of the site by car.